Thursday, May 6, 2010
University of Auto
I am a commuter. I have been for a long, long time. (Sounds like a confession but it's simply a fact). Whenever I go anywhere, I can expect travel time of 20 minutes or more--except to one lowly grocery store where I never shop. I am also a connoisseur of information. (again not confession--just fact). Just like combining chocolate and peanut butter and wah-la--delicious peanut butter cups, I have started combining commuting and information and wah-la--University of Auto. Since I am the president of the university, I have created the curriculum. I have been compiling a library of books on cd that are the basis. My library is small but growng. It includes Atlas Shrugged, John Adams, The Four Agreements, Ronald Reagan: In His own Voice, Great American Stories, Folktales, 7-Habits of Highly Effective People, The Screwtape Letters, Outliers, Harry Potter 1-7, and the Book of Mormon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I could enjoy books/conference/anything on CD, because I also feel like I commute to everywhere, including the grocery store. But, I'm too visual a learner, so I don't remember ANYTHING unless I see it in print.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I had to read part of Outliers for a Sociology of Education class. Loved it, and want to read the rest (it's still on my TBR list after a full year). Let me know how you like it.
Good for you! I love books on tape. You should check out "The Help". So good!
ReplyDelete