Thursday, May 27, 2010
Cartoon kissing
I think most people agree that media is chock-full of sexual content and each of us has differing degrees of tolerance for what we will accept and watch. I have my own personal richter scale for what gets the thumbs up or the thumbs down. There are plenty of things that I draw the line on but for some reason I don't like cartoon kissing. I didn't really care about it until I watched Beauty and the Beast and Belle and the Beast kissed at the end of the movie. There is something about that kiss that does not feel right to me and it has warped my view of all cartoon kissing. I haven't been able to put my finger on the exact cause other than it just feels contrived and unnatural. The kiss feels less about the two characters involved and more about the mechanics and intent of the writers and artist creating the image. Maybe I'm reading wayyyyy too much into cartoon kissing but nonetheless I'm not that crazy about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So funny! I do like the kiss in the Princess and the Frog though (the end one!)
ReplyDelete